Monday, January 3, 2011

Lasagna!



One of my most favorite meals to make is lasagna, especially in college, everyone thought I was some kind of an amazing cook. But then again, since many meals in college consist of cereal, lasagna did seem pretty fancy!

I start by gathering the ingredients:
1 lb hamburger meat
12 lasagna noodles (a little less than a whole box)
1 jar Classico Sauce
1 container of Cottage Cheese
8 oz of Italian Cheese
Grated Parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste



I then preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grab a 9 X 13 glass dish (so you can see the layers). Brown the ground beef and boil the noodles. I then use my handy dandy magic bullet to ground the meat after it has been cooked just to put it in smaller pieces. I drain the meat and mix it with the sauce. On the bottom of the 9 X 13 pan, I put a little bit of the sauce to prevent the noodles from sticking. No need to spray the dish. I put noodles down to cover the bottom of the dish, I use 3 noodles. I then begin a layering process as shown by my husband below. I recruited him and he did such a great job! Put your meat sauce down on top of your noodles, then add the cottage cheese, then parmesan cheese, and then Italian cheese. Then begin a new layer by putting 3 more noodles on top and continuing the process to the top of the dish. I always like to add a litle extra cheese to the top to brown with the broiler at the end. Cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes. You should see sauce bubbling on the sides of the dish and the cheese should be melted. Turn the broiler on and keep an eye on it for a little extra browning, I just love that part! And last but not least...ENJOY!




















Not a fancy recipe but yummy! My goal this year is to make crock-pot meals on Sundays. I made my first one this past weekend. I'll be sharing it with you in a couple of days, tasty and not bad for you. Definitely one to try! Until then...

~Coach A

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! My hubby loves Lasagna. He asked to have it on thanksgiving in the shape of a turkey! lol I told him it was not possible to mold it into the shape of a turkey and still want to eat it. I made it the week after for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lasagna looks yummy :) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Its fun seeing new blogs and meeting new people.

    Courtney
    frog2fab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete