Friday, July 9, 2010

Favorite Bible Verse


"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze...Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I LOVE YOU..."
~Isaiah 43:1b-2,4a

What an amazing promise! God doesn't say that there won't be waters and rivers that try to knock us down, or that there won't be fires that burn us. But He says that through everything, He will protect us...why?...Because He Loves Us. There are several places in the Bible that talk about God's incredible love for us, but this is the only verse that I have found that actually says the words "I love you." There is just something so beautiful about seeing it in those three special words. I am my redeemer's and He is mine.

1 comment:

  1. Love this verse! I havent heard it in a while.. Made my day!

    ReplyDelete