Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cheese Danish


The thought had never occurred to me that I could make this at home, but I did =). I ran across this recipe at Life in Grace blog, she says on there that she can't take credit, so I'm not sure where this came from, but it is oooooo so good!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Unfold and press 1 can of crescent rolls into a 9×13 pan (I sprayed mine with Pam).
Mix 2 sticks of softened cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar, 3 egg yolks, and 1 tsp. vanilla (I used my mixer on low speed and it only took about 1-2 min).
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls and then unfold another can of crescent rolls and lay it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Brush the top with egg wash (the leftover whites from the mixture) and then sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 35 minutes and cool before slicing (we cut ours into triangles).
Enjoy Danish as is or top with preserves or a powdered sugar glaze (just mix powdered sugar with just a little milk until you get the thickness you desire- We had actually run out of milk and so I had to use a little water with mine instead and didn't get it quite to the consistency I wanted, but milk really does get it thicker and smoother than water)


This is what it looked like coming out of the oven...


And this is another close-up right before it was eaten...


This danish is so good with some coffee on a Saturday morning! Enjoy your weekend!



P.S. A special Happy Birthday to my beautiful friend Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment